What’s Included in the course?
Only £42.00 Inc VAT
A permit to work (PTW) is an official written document. Used to authorise and control work activities with high-risk hazards.
This written safety-control system is implemented to help prevent accidents or injuries to workers, prevent damage to plant/machinery and prevent damage to property. The Permit-to-Work system is advantageous when workers are on-site for maintenance or installation purposes.
A Permit-to-Work system aims to remove unsafe conditions and human error by imposing a formal system requiring action. Our essential e-learning course provides the information outlined within health and safety legislation to demonstrate statutory compliance. The training makes clear both the employer’s and employee’s responsibilities in addition to assisting with the practical application.
The course will communicate the essential information needed for workers when considering the permit to work system. The following are some of the areas covered in the online course:
- Workplace controls and origin of permits to work.
- Legal requirements.
- Basic requirements.
- Hierarchy of control measures
- Permit to work systems.
- Permit to work ensures
- Typical work situations require a permit to work.
- What is an authorised person?
- What is a competent person?
At the end of the essential e-learning Permit to Work Awareness Course, candidates will complete a multiple-choice test. Successful candidates will then be awarded an e certificate which can be used as evidence of continued professional development, used when looking to gain employment or further careers, used to update CPD and will overall demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of PTW in the workplace.
This bite-sized course is delivered online and can be completed using a PC, MAC, or tablet. The course is available 24/7, and you can receive your certificate anytime, anywhere.
Once the enrolment process has been completed, candidates will be emailed access to the online course material within 24 hours.
This course will provide candidates with a fundamental understanding and knowledge of the permit to work system in the workplace.
By the end of the course, you will have learned about:
- Know what is required to demonstrate statutory compliance with the legislation.
- Have a basic knowledge of Permit to Work systems in addition to safe systems of work.
- Understand employers & employees’ responsibilities.
- Know what should be included in the permit to work, to manage and effectively control work.
The course is designed for all anyone with little or no knowledge of the permit to work system, so it is ideal for induction and refresher training.
- Prior Learning? – None required.
- Pre Course learning? – None required.
- Certification – All learners who successfully complete the module will be issued with a certificate of learning.
- Duration – Approximately 30 minutes.
If you are undecided about working with us at MJ Electrical Training, You are more than welcome to call or send me a message through the chat box below, and I will happily try and answer any questions you might have. Alternatively, please visit our reviews platform and see what some of our previous candidates say about us.
Buy 3 for 2 on any Bite-sized essential courses
Discount applied at checkout