What’s Included in the course?
Only £42.00 Inc VAT
In the UK, asbestos exposure is the No.1 cause of work-related deaths in the world, accounting for over 5000 deaths alone in the UK in 2019, giving the UK one of the highest asbestos related death rates in the world.
Any building or workplace that was either built or undertook refurbished before the year 2000 may have asbestos in the fabric of the building, which means workers could be exposed. When materials that contain asbestos are disturbed, the fibres are released into the air. When inhaled, they can cause serious diseases. These diseases can take many years to establish themselves and, more often than not, when diagnosed, it is medically too late to do anything.
Self-employed workers, especially in the construction industry, should make sure they too know how to protect themselves and to guarantee they are not putting others in any danger from their activities.
Our essential e-learning asbestos awareness course has been designed to give candidates an introduction and understanding of the essential requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
The course will communicate the essential information needed for workers when completing tasks that may involve asbestos and how they can reduce the risks involved. The following are some of the areas covered in the online course:
- Identification of the different types of asbestos found.
- The history of asbestos.
- The use in the United Kingdom.
- Likely locations of asbestos.
- What health risks are there from asbestos.
- Who might be at risk of exposure.
- Legislation surrounding asbestos.
- Undertaking asbestos surveys.
- Assessing the risks.
- Managing the options available.
- Licensed work with asbestos.
- Asbestos waste.
- What should employees do if exposed.
At the end of the essential e-learning Asbestos Awareness Course, candidates will complete a multiple-choice test. Successful candidates will then be awarded an e certificate which can be used as evidence of continued professional development, used when looking to gain employment or further careers, used to update CPD and will overall demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of asbestos in the workplace.
This bite-sized course is delivered online and can be completed using a PC, MAC, or tablet. The course is available 24/7, and you can receive your certificate anytime, anywhere.
Once the enrolment process has been completed, candidates will be emailed access to the online course material within 24 hours.
This course will provide candidates with a fundamental understanding and knowledge of asbestos within the workplace.
By the end of the e-learning course, candidates will have learned about:
- Know what is required to demonstrate statutory compliance with the legislation.
- Have a basic knowledge of the different types and typical locations of asbestos.
- Understand the employer’s & employee’s responsibilities, including the role of Duty Holders.
- Identify what is required to identify and manage asbestos effectively.will
This online awareness course is designed for workers with little or no knowledge of asbestos, so it is ideal for induction and refresher training.
- Prior Learning? – None required.
- Pre Course learning? – None required.
- Certification – All learners who successfully complete the module will be issued a certificate of learning.
- Duration – Approximately 30 minutes.
If you are undecided about working with us at MJ Electrical Training, You are more than welcome to call or send me a message through the chat box below, and I will happily try and answer any questions you might have. Alternatively, please visit our reviews platform and see what some of our previous candidates say about us.
Buy 3 for 2 on any Bite-sized essential courses
Discount applied at checkout