To confirm your Electrical examination is booked for Thursday 30th September
Your venue is:
Holiday Inn, Guildford, Egerton Road, GU2 7XZ
The controversial topic of face masks/coverings. I have spoken with the venue who said the following:
Within the communal areas of the hotel, the hotel would prefer if candidates wore face masks/coverings. This is not mandatory and the hotel are not enforcing this.
However, within the meeting rooms and function suites, it’s down to the discretion of the organiser. We have a duty of care to candidates and due to the length of time candidates will be sat within close proximity to each other, we have decided that face masks/coverings will still be required whilst in the examination room.
Car Parking is free, however, you will need to enter your car registration with reception to avoid getting a PCN.
As the organiser of the event we are also requesting from candidates the following:
Please do NOT enter the hotel before being called by the invigilator. Daniel, the invigilator will meet you outside the hotel before the scheduled exam time and take you to the exam room once in the exam room you will then be able to use the toilets etc.
Please find below guidance on what we are doing to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus and keep everyone safe during the examinations
- It’s vital you bring an appropriate face mask/covering with you, these will not be provided and without one you will not be able to sit the examination.
- The following measures are being put into place at all the examination venues in the forthcoming months in conjunction with the venues’ own policies:
- On entering the building, you may be required to either scan the track & trace QR code or complete the contact track & trace form – you will be guided by the invigilator. Should this not be available and the hotel request your details for track and trace I will provide the hotel your name and contact number which they will hold for 21 days.
- The only identification accepted is photo ID which shall be checked by the invigilator from 2 metres once candidates have been seated in the examination room. Please ensure you have your photo ID with you. If the invigilator is unable to ascertain your identity, you will be required to email your identification.
- All candidates are requested to stay in the examination room for the full duration of the exam. At the end of the examination those candidates sitting at the front of the room should leave first.
- The size and the layout of the examination room will comply with the social distancing requirements where possible.
- Where possible windows in the examination room will be left open to ventilate the room.
- The maximum candidate number of the examination is 10 – plus one invigilator.
- We would request that candidates wear an appropriate face covering or shield upon entering the building, during the examination and until they have left the building.
- If you are unsure what is considered an appropriate face covering please visit the gov.uk website for additional information.
- Face mask/coverings will not be provided.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be provided on each desk.
- Every desk, hard surface, calculator, laptop, mouse and hand sanitiser will be wiped clean with antibacterial wipes after each examination.
- All paper and stationery will be newly provided, with any excess material, from previous exams, disposed of in a safe and controlled manner in a dedicated bin.
- Refreshments will not be provided during the examination and we would ask that should you bring your own refreshments you take away your rubbish.
Food and snacks are not to be permitted in the examination.
We will be continually monitoring the government’s guidance and directives and will update our COVID-19 procedure accordingly if necessary.
Your examination may be forfeited should any of the following occur:
Ø Not wearing a face covering at any point whilst during the examination (unless you are drinking whilst in the exam).
Ø Failure to wear the face-covering correctly.
Ø Arguing or being aggressive with the invigilator
Face mask/coverings must be worn correctly covering both the mouth and nose see example below.
Any questions please don’t hesitate in getting in touch.
MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd
t. 01934 752 500
m. 07525 846 290
C&G Centre No. 007744
Please consider the environmental impact, do you really need to print this email?
This is an email from MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information but please delete the email as soon as possible. Any views in the email are those of the sender only and not those of MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd. This email is not intended to be contractually binding. As part of conducting its business, MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd may monitor and record e-mails and their contents passing through their network under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices) and (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. Although we have checked this e-mail for viruses, it is not guaranteed to be virus free and it is your responsibility to scan the message and attachments prior to opening them. We do not accept any responsibility for the consequences of passing on any virus.
We don’t send out many marketing emails to you however if you would like to be removed from our mailing list please email us back asking us to stop.