NB. We now also run IOSH Working Safely exams which can be used as an ECS / JIB Health and Safety exemption. If your looking to upgrade, renew or apply for an ECS card and would like to add a straightforward H&S exemption to Thursday please let me know.
Important information for Thursdays Exam.
The controversial topic of face masks/coverings. I have spoken with the venue who said the following:
Within the communal areas of the hotel, the hotel would prefer if candidates wore face masks/coverings. This is not mandatory and the hotel is not enforcing this. However, within the meeting rooms and function suites, it’s down to the discretion of the organiser.
We have a duty of care to candidates and due to the length of time candidates will be sat within close proximity to each other, we have decided that face masks/coverings will still be required whilst in the examination room.
As the organiser of the event we are also requesting from candidates the following:
Please do NOT enter the examination room before being called by the invigilator. Daniel, the invigilator will meet you inside the hotel near the Stratford Suite. There is no need for you to come into the exam room before being called by Daniel, should you disturb the previous examination candidates will forfeit this dates exam and be asked to leave.
Please find below guidance on what we are doing to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus and keep everyone safe during the examinations
- It’s vital you bring an appropriate face mask/covering with you, these will not be provided and without one you will not be able to sit the examination.
- The following measures are being put into place at all the examination venues in the forthcoming months in conjunction with the venues’ own policies:
- The only identification accepted is photo ID which shall be checked by the invigilator from 2 metres once candidates have been seated in the examination room. Please ensure you have your photo ID with you. If the invigilator is unable to ascertain your identity, you will be required to email your identification.
- All candidates are requested to stay in the examination room for the full duration of the exam. At the end of the examination those candidates sitting at the front of the room should leave first.
- The size and the layout of the examination room will comply with the social distancing requirements where possible.
- Where possible windows in the examination room will be left open to ventilate the room.
- The maximum candidate number of the examination is 10 – plus one invigilator.
- We would request that candidates wear an appropriate face covering or shield upon entering the building, during the examination and until they have left the building.
- If you are unsure what is considered an appropriate face covering please visit the gov.uk website for additional information.
- Face mask/coverings will not be provided.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be provided on each desk.
- Every desk, hard surface, calculator, laptop, mouse and hand sanitiser will be wiped clean with antibacterial wipes after each examination.
- All paper and stationery will be newly provided, with any excess material, from previous exams, disposed of in a safe and controlled manner in a dedicated bin.
- Refreshments will not be provided during the examination and we would ask that should you bring your own refreshments you take away your rubbish.
- No fizzy drinks are allowed in the exam room and only drinks with appropriate sealed type lids e.g. sports top.
- Food and snacks are not to be permitted in the examination.
- We will be continually monitoring the government’s guidance and directives and will update our COVID-19 procedure accordingly if necessary.
- Your examination may be forfeited should any of the following occur:
Ø Not wearing a face covering at any point whilst during the examination (unless you are drinking whilst in the exam).
Ø Failure to wear the face-covering correctly.
Ø Arguing or being aggressive with the invigilator
Face mask/coverings must be worn correctly covering both the mouth and nose.
Any questions please don’t hesitate in getting in touch.
MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd
t. 01934 752 500
m. 07525 846 290
§ 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations § Part P of The Building Regulations § ECS & CSCS Health and Safety Qualifications
Please consider the environmental impact, do you really need to print this email?
This is an email from MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information but please delete the email as soon as possible. Any views in the email are those of the sender only and not those of MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd. This email is not intended to be contractually binding. As part of conducting its business, MJ Training Solutions UK Ltd may monitor and record e-mails and their contents passing through their network under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices) and (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. Although we have checked this e-mail for viruses, it is not guaranteed to be virus-free and it is your responsibility to scan the message and attachments prior to opening them. We do not accept any responsibility for the consequences of passing on any virus.